Friday, April 3, 2015

A GOOD FRIDAY prayer

Heavenly Father, How I thank you for your amazing grace and mercy that is felt each morning.  Your warm sunrise not only brings light onto the earth but hope into my heart.  I may not always thank you for the dawn of each new day, but when I stop and think on Your goodness, the warmth of this truth touches my soul.

Thank-you for all the wonderful people who have taken time to pray for precious Teagan, and for my family during these past months.  There is comfort knowing people cared enough to seek out The Great Physician of all time, You.  
This morning, I would like to give back to each of them Lord, and send them a blessing from You.  You know every detail of their lives and You love each and every one of Your precious creations.
Today, I begin with sweet Berta.  Oh Lord, what a masterpiece You created when you formed her into the most loving and tender person she is.  How proud you must be with her for pressing forward through the most difficult times a person can go through.  I thank you for her friendship, for her loving example she sets, and for her brilliant personality Lord.  Please fill her life full to the brim with love and blessings, and a break from caring for family, so she can catch her breath.
Lord, I lift up my friend Amy to you as well.  What a courageous example she has set throughout these months as she overcomes obstacles most of us fear.  I ask you Father, that your breath of healing may be upon her and that You will be her source of strength.  That she will find You and lean on You during these next months as Your miraculous wonders are performed within her.  
Then there is wonderful Shelly, what a beautiful woman she is, Lord.  All these ladies are.  Wow, how blessed am I to even know these gals personally?  Father, You are "for" Shelly, and what comfort You are to us all when we are hurting or confused...and since we live here on earth, we are ALL hurting and confused.  Life just does that sometimes.  But with You Lord, You help us press on to what lies before us.  Fill Shelly full in her heart, with Your love and confidence as she remembers who she is in Christ.
How thankful I am for my precious cousin Nancy.  She has been so positive and encouraging, and I sure thank you Lord for her inward beauty.  I pray for Your comfort to rest gently on her, and that she will feel Your amazing presence today, and every day this week.  
Thank you Lord for Fritz, one of my newest friends.  How amazing are You Lord for bringing us two ladies together through friendship?  May she be blessed in her career and her every day life. 

You, O Lord, have blessed me with some amazing family and friends.  And while I am so very thankful for all of my sweet friends, there are folks who truly despise me.  This of course hurts my 'feelings' Father, but they also despise my faith in You.  I too have gotten angry and defensive in my heart...this has effected me, this You know.  Which is why I come to confess this to You, Lord.  They are my enemy and I ask for your mercy and grace to fill my heart with compassion, with Love (that only comes from You), and with pure joy that I am able to come to You and bless these people because of You.  Which is what I come to you to plea, love and blessing for these folks, and for forgiveness for my heart for being so defensive and angry and nearly bitter as well.

Thank you for my husband, Michael, who works so hard, and truly displays his love for me as You have asked men to "love their wives as Christ loved the church."  He has truly grown to become that man in my life.  Thank you for filling him with love and patience, and for his strength through his humble leadership for our family.
I thank you Lord for my three beautiful daughter's, and my most precious grand daughter. May Your Holy Spirit guide and direct Amanda, Alex, and Alicia's hearts as they journey through this year.  I pray blessing upon Amanda who seeks to have a relationship with you and desires to do Your will, Lord.  Please offer clarity to her heart as a single mom, and fill her with courage and strength and the ability to embrace her self worth which comes from You.  I pray for little Nora and for her protection as she is shifted between two parents and their time allotted to spend with her.  May Your Holy Spirit penetrate Jason's heart so he may be an honest, loving and caring dad for Nora.  Please hold your hedge of protection firmly in place around Nora that she may grow to have a deep love for You Father and that she will know Jesus deep within her heart.
Thank you for Alexandra and for the hard working young lady she has grown to be.  May your Holy Spirit intercept her young adult decisions and exchange them for a righteous purpose pleasing to You Lord.  She has such passion in her heart, I can sense the convictions she has and pray she will find the courage to be secure in who she was created to be, beyond the worldly snares that are so distracting to all people.
And for Alicia, I pray comfort and blessing be upon her heart Lord.  Thank you for Teagan, and for the time given to us all, to love him and to spend the brief time we've been able to spend with him.  Please send your angels to guard and protect her vulnerable heart as she walks out her sorrow and grief.  Fill her heart with true love and with blessing that she may see YOUR Glory in the midst of losing her first born.  
Thank-you Father for entrusting my daughter's with me as their mother.  I have so loved being their mom, and have truly believed they were a gift to me, from You, as well as my husband.  You, O Lord, have brought great joy to my heart as I look back through my life and all you have blessed  me with.  My girls are Yours, from before they were entrusted into my care, and I pray my heart will humbly entrust them back to You Lord, that Your word says You will "guide and direct their path."   May my heart find comfort and solace in your presence, that even as I type out these prayers, my heart will be tendered to submit to Your will for my life.

Thank You God almighty, for Your Son Jesus and for this Good Friday where, 2000 years ago, he submitted to Your authority and willfully became the living sacrifice for our sins; that us gentiles may spend eternity with you.  

You amaze me Lord, every day You amaze me with your patience for mankind.  For the sins of mans heart, and for us all who struggle daily to seek a relationship with you.  Thank-You for your patience, for Your love of man kind, and Thank you for every trial I have faced personally this past year.  I give YOU ALL the glory for Your goodness and Your faithfulness.   Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment