Monday, April 6, 2015

HE is RISEN!

And he died for all,
that those who live should 
no longer live for themselves
but for him who died for them
and was raised again.
2 Corinthians 5:15

 Sunday, April 5, 2015   

Good morning my Lord Jehovah!  Thank You for Jesus, Your loving sacrifice You made so that I may live.  Thank you, that You loved mankind to send your son to be the pure lamb, without blemish, to bear the sins of this world.  While we honor this sacrifice, through Easter celebration, there is no way we can truly wrap our minds around all you have truly done for us, Lord.  
This morning, as I prepare to go to a sunrise church service, I come to confess my struggles, my sins that have no place in my heart.  Thank-You for Your forgiveness of sins, and may my heart purge them and repent of them.
For the anger and bitterness brewing within me Lord, You know of whom I am talking about.  Multiple folks....while I would point out in my mind that they do not know you or your love, the gunk that is loitering in my heart has clearly overlooked Your mercy and grace to harbor any bitter root.  Forgive me Father for justifying my anger, quite possibly my hate.  I too need to always remember Jesus died for me, for them, for us all.   Forgive my stubborn heart that has hardened to the point it wants to hang onto hurtful gunk.  Father, I do not wish to be an emotional hoarder that will just weigh me down with dark burdens.  I do not know how to turn and offer my other cheek, Lord.  My defenses run so high and deep, it's blow for blow from which my heart has been looming.  
Your word says to 'consider it pure joy when I face trials of many kind.  That the testing of my faith develops perseverance...perseverance must finish it's work so that I may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  But if I lack wisdom, I should ask You, God, who gives generously to all, without finding fault...'........I have for sure faced trials of many kind....and failed most of these tests.  ugh.  Its so difficult to find joy in tests I struggle to pass.  Tests of my pride, patience, love......Father, I can do none of these.  I am the ultimate complainer in my heart, Lord.  I get so angry at people for their snide remarks about my faith, Christianity, and who 'they' deem a Christian should be and how they deem one should walk.   Their hateful attacks absorb right into me, and this is NOT how it should be.  You are Holy, my heart is full of gunk that is NOT too hard for You to clean, but more so, for me to surrender.  I pray for my heart Father, not for anything I am able to purge from it, but for all the burdens Jesus came to carry.  Tossing them back into the pit of hell from which those nasty, sneaky snares come.
I too, long to live for the freedom in which Jesus came.....to set captives free!  But NOT to use my freedom as a cover up for evil, to keep on sinning....the outward stuff is easy....it's the hidden spots in my heart that have taken up residency for far too long.
Father God, I ask for wisdom to recognize the freedom with which is in my grasp from the insecurities I've carried before I remember carrying paper dolls around.  
As we remember Your gift to the world, may our hearts be grateful for the example of Jesus as he walked here on earth.
The example of Jesus that most amazes me is, the way he never retaliated when his enemies were closing in to have him crucified.  But especially how much he loved hes disciples and allowed them freedom to say and do all that they did.
I pray that my heart could be reflective of the love Jesus had for all.  

With all you have blessed me with through the years Lord, I want to pass those blessings on to others.  Such as Nicole, who is truly searching for love....to be loved....to give the type of love she's familiar with and exchange it Lord, for a single drop of your pure and selfless love Lord Jesus.  I see the hope of healing in her marriage Lord, because she is seeking, and her heart is wanting more.  May YOU be her 'more,' Lord.  And like the widow in 2 Kings who was too poor to pay her debt collectors and was told by faith to gather as many pots and jars from neighbors as she could.  The little bit of olive oil she had left in her house multiplied as she followed, through faith, what Elisha had instructed her.  That little bit of faith is all we need Lord to fill our jars full.  I truly pray this for Nicole, and her little one, and for Casey.  I pray blessing and healing be upon their lives, and their marriage which will help them unite when living for you.

This morning, I'd also like to life up my cousin Robin to you Lord.  Thank you for the bonds that are created, and were created with her and my brother.  There is something special about having that connection in your heart that is safe, from someone who is loyal, and I'm thankful they have each other.  Father, I may not know anything about her life right now, but I know you see her needs, her heart, and her hard work.  May Your ways be renewed in her life as a joyful experience from living life for You, to please You, and may she find comfort in Your presence.  A reminder of Your goodness, and Your Loyalty, Your friendship to those who seek You.  May she feel Your comfort for all of the hard work she's persevered in by caring for so many throughout her life.  How You must have that beautiful crown awaiting her for her loving care for grand-dad, her dad, my dad, her granddaughter, her mom, her aunts,....Lord, I don't even know all the people she has cared for, but I know You provide blessing in heaven for people just like Robin.  May her heart feel the warmth of Your love and remember YOU.  

How I thank-you for Chaurice, Lord; for her friendship from years ago, and for the beautiful miracle of Your healing hand upon her precious baby girl Juliana.  What amazing grace You provide Lord as You show up at all the moments when we wonder if You still hear those around.  May her family feel the blessings that are made secure by sharing in Your company Father.  I pray love and blessing be upon her and Christa as they raise Jordan and Juliana in their loving home.  Father, I know your goodness from such a distance, or so it seems at times...but I KNOW you are good, and may they also feel compelled by Your goodness and the ways You have blessed their lives.

Thank-you Lord for my dear cousin Marie...also known as Trish.  I just thank you for blessing my life with hers.  She is such an example of pure genuine love and grace that can be found here on earth.  Or at least, whom I have come in contact with.  I thank you for her, for her faithful heart, and for her tender soul.  And Father, as she and I have discussed many times, as we are open and real with one another, I pray for her confidence to be strengthened as the enemy is always looking for ways to beat one down who has this wonderful, tender gift Trish has.  I pray blessing upon her children as they go about, and as they seek you Lord, I pray healing upon their young adult lives.  Such crucial ages that is, as these young adults are looking for footing.  May Your Holy Spirit be felt within them as they journey through these tender months and grow closer to You.  May Your Spirit give Trish and Ken courage, humility, and unity that will provide blessing to their children still at home.  I pray blessing on Ken and his job as he works hard to provide for his family, and I thank you Lord that they ARE part of my family.

Lord, I especially wish to lift up my family, in my heart, to You.  If I love them as much as I do, there is no doubt Your love runs deeper than we can ever imagine.  My heart cannot even fathom Mary, humbly looking on as guards beat and tortured Jesus.  While I do not believe in ANY cruelty for the worst of sinners, it is beyond my mind or comprehension that after witnessing Jesus saving life after life, and gaining that life saving reputation, that spiritual people who claim to love God, would brutally torture and kill Jesus.
You, O God, prove the hearts of mankind as I reflect on that day, knowing that is why Jesus came.....to be the sacrifice.  Knowing, that is why he was born of Your Spirit, to be the sacrifice....and Jesus did not rebel from Your plan for his life.  He obeyed, and He did what was asked of him....so we may live.  Thank you Father God for Your most amazing gift.  
I could not sacrifice my child, and thankfully You do not require that of us.  But I pray my heart will continue to soften to the point I can fully surrender them to You, and fully trust You.  I know in my head You are in control, You decide, and You are looking out for my girls.....but I also know I struggle to let go of what I think they should or shouldn't be doing, living.....you know, stupid stuff I really have no control over.  
Easter has been a beautiful day with Alicia and Tanner showing up and surprising us late in the afternoon.  Father, I needed to experience that little bit of hope.  To even fill Tanner with Love, that is only supplied by You.  
Lord, you know my heart, my thoughts, and my concerns.....every day I need wisdom from You in my position, to not overstep, or overlook, but to gently encourage whatever I can for the good of those who listen.  Father, as I  pray for Amanda and for Nora, I ask for Your wisdom, with great clarity, in area's of concern.  Please fill Amanda full of grown up wisdom and discernment when it comes to caring for Nora.  I know she loves Nora and is a great mommy, yet I also know Amanda has trouble detecting a wolf.  It's the enemy of course, working through man, and I pray Amanda will snap out of her own little world and get involved in Nora's in a way that will prepare Nora to Love you and follow You.  How I wish you could come in, and intercept that which you can see, but things hidden from the worlds eyes.  Which is why I come to you Father, to pray, and ask for Your intervention in ways to safeguard Nora.  Your word says if anyone is troubled, we should pray.  I am troubled, Lord.....very VERY troubled in my heart.   What I sense in my heart is exactly why I ask for YOUR hand to stop either what I am sensing and am truly sick in my stomach over....if I should be out of line, then please release me from these concerns Lord.  If there is just cause for my concern, then I truly come to You Father, to surrender the concerns I have that YOU are God, please keep Nora safe from human harm, and wicked or perverted ways.  Lord, bring swift Your judgement onto anyone who harms this precious girl.  I ask for Your hedge of protection to be so secure around Nora, that no serious sratch, broken bone, or any harm will be allowed to come near her, from this moment forward.  Lord, You are mightier than tens of thousands of people in an army, and Your spiritual intervention is required here....
As Alexandra prepares to move this weekend Father, may Your peace and renewed spirit fill her up in her soul as she begins a new chapter in her life.  Lord, Your Holy Spirit is beautiful to see in the hearts of people.  May Alex's heart leave room for Your Spirit to fill her with faith ...that little bit of faith the widow had of taking one jar of olive oil and then asking her neighbors for empty jars...May Alex be fill with olive oil faith that will multiply as she takes that one little step.  What a wonderful daughter she is.  I thank you for her and for all three of my daughter's and my beautiful grand daughter.
As I close for today, Thank You Lord for my amazing husband, Michael, and for the time we get to spend together as empty nesters.  Please bless him today as he goes to work and does what he truly enjoys doing.  Thank you for the folks who work hard for Michael and the respect they have for him.  You O Lord, are my God, in whom I am truly grateful for the freedom to draw near to You and to know You are faithful, even as I pray blessing on other's Lord, You show up!  As You bless Michael while  he is away at work today, I pray and ask that my heart will grow bigger in the department of being a blessing to other's.  Specifically in my marriage.   That I will not take another day for granted, and work hard for the one who has truly sacrificed for our family (Aside from You, of course).  There is no doubt You have said it over and over in Your word, the power behind a virtuous wife.  Such unreachable talents and tender heart this woman had.  But Lord, I trust that if I strive to please my husband, it will be as if serving You specifically.  I pray for strength, and humility to set aside my selfish nature, and be filled with love, to serve the wonderful man You've blessed me with.
Thank You Father, for sending Jesus to be the ultimate example of a servants heart.  Thank You that He rose from the grave!  Thank You for your amazing grace!!



No comments:

Post a Comment