Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Prelude to my many Prayers

The fool says in his heart, 
"There is no God."  
They are corrupt, their 
deeds are vile; 
there is no one who does 
good.  
The LORD looks down from 
heaven 
on all mankind 
to see if there are any who 
understand, 
any who seek God.  
Psalm 14:1 & 2


Today, and every day, I will rejoice in The Lord for His goodness and His mercy.  Even in my darkest hour, I will not give up, for my God has not abandoned me.........

This year has been filled with a plethora of emotion, to say the least.    
From the exciting day of learning my youngest daughter, Alicia was expecting a baby boy in May, to the scary phone call we received just two days later that Alicia was hemorrhaging and was in the hospital suffering from a very serious placental abruption.  

Then, after a tumultuous 3 1/2 weeks Alicia spent in our home on strict bed rest, she went into preterm labor just one day prior to her baby's 24th week, gestational.  Then there was Alicia's cervical dilation which reached 8cm that ultimately led her Doctor to believe Alicia would be delivering my first grandson within the next 24 hours.  But of course, once we had all braced ourselves for that nail biting reality, Alicia's cervix retracted to a 3, leaving baby Teagan safe in Alicia's womb for another 10 days until Alicia's water broke.  There was no stopping his arrival now.  Teagan was far too small, and Alicia delivered Teagan safely at 7:57 am, on the 18th of February, 2015.

What a glorious day that specific Wednesday was, Teagan's birthday.  Weighing 2lbs, 2oz., tiny Teagan stretched a whole 13 and 3/4" long, he was the most beautiful little guy I had ever laid eyes on.  A TRUE miracle from God.  A TRUE answer to so many prayers prayed by me, my husband, and all of my wonderful facebook family and friends.    

Which is why I am beginning here, on this April fools day, the purpose of writing these entries in this blog.  A blog of prayers for each and every facebook family and friend (and then some), that I have.    
If it wasn't for all of the lovely prayers and encouraging words from so many of my facebook friends, I could have potentially lost my mind during these past few months.  The prayers people prayed, were felt, were heard, and I trust in the power of prayer.  

These past few months have reminded me of the scripture that says, "pray without ceasing."  The complete scripture actually says, "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ." 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18  
Wow!  I actually had to look up this scripture to remind me of the entire verse, confirmation of what has been pressing on my heart, praying for other people beyond my day to day prayers and the immediate people within my circle of everyday family and friends.  Every day is a precious gift, and Teagan's life served as a reminder to me what a gift of time God has given me to use wisely.

My Nonnie time with Teagan was packed FULL of love, thankfulness, and unforeseen lessons on "life".  Teagan's delicate life brought his mommy and me back together after a momentary strain she and I had experienced in our relationship.  Teagan's will to live bonded my heart to his as I earnestly prayed for his safe arrival.  His safe arrival was a reminder of the power of prayer to me, and the effects it has when others can witness the results from what one seeks, through prayer.  The power of prayer has multiple effects beyond simple 'requests,' but the change that occurs in one's own heart.....specifically during these prayers, the change occured in my own heart. Those humbling words spoken to God Almighty nearly every day helped prepare me and soften me for what was to come............Teagan's eternal life.

On 2:00pm on March 17th, just 27 days after Teagan's birth, Teagan began his new life in heaven.
 His will to live has left an enormous impression on so many people's lives.  People who didn't necessarily know Teagan, or even know Teagan's mommy.  Some people didn't even know me personally, and yet still answered my call for prayers.  Folks who cared enough to take some time in their day to pray for Teagan, for Alicia, for me, and for our family.  




As I go through my facebook list, somewhere in these blog entries that follow, your first name will be mentioned.  I don't necessarily know what your daily struggles are, and I won't be airing anyone's laundry.  My heart and my hope is to sincerely bless your life and your personal journey in life, through genuine prayers.  What a wonderful experience this will be, the one way I can specifically "THANK" everyone who took the time to pray for us, by praying for everyone.  May you experience the love of God.  


No comments:

Post a Comment