Good morning Father in heaven, Creator of all things,
These past few days have been most difficult. In my heart, I know I should come to You every morning, because You are truly my source of comfort and The One I trust more than I could ever trust here, in this world. Forgive me for not being faithful in seeking You as I have in the past, as I should each day.
As I've trudged through these past few days, I have found how heavy my thoughts have been in weighing me down. There is no denying what You already know, I have falsely found safety in worldly possessions. I've tried to stay positive, and say all the right things, to set an example for on lookers on social media and yet, my heart has been heavy because I have not surrendered my thoughts to You.
So, I begin this day with sharing how sorry I am for finding security in worldly possessions. Your word is so clear about earthly treasures where thieves can steal, and moths can destroy. I'm living proof of this failed test since our home was invaded and the hurt and insecurity I have been battling ever since. Forgive me Father for even allowing my thoughts to run rampid within me, suspecting people I know, to dissecting what "I" think is what happened last Saturday. YOU are God, and only You know who did this, and I ask if You would please fill my heart with love and compassion for those who broke into our home. As I look at the display of pictures on my wall of my family, my heart has pondered how someone could carry out our belongings and see the love there is in our family, yet resolve that these people potentially have never felt loved in their own families. Or maybe they've found solace or comfort in what they believe is a special "skill" of crime. Lord, I truly pray blessing over the ones who entered our home, that as they saw photo's of our family, crosses that hung on my walls, that they somehow would be tendered towards that love which only comes from The One True Love, YOU! YOU, my Lord, are Love. Proof, through the sacrifice of Your only son, so that we might have eternal life....there is NO greater Love than what You demonstrated by looking away as Your precious child hung on a cross, knowing he had to be sacrificed for the forgiveness of our sins. How humbling is this when I stop to think of Your love for ALL men, me included.
How arrogant and 'entitled' I have been as I've called these people "hoodlums" and have felt disdain for them, only thinking about myself, and pretending I've given thought to them. The thoughts I've had have not been loving thoughts Lord, but You already know that. You know everything about me, such as, why I'm now obsessing over my home, and cleaning it thoroughly.
Was I embarrassed the thieves saw my messy house?, I don't believe I am, but I do think how mortified I was, knowing the police and investigators were in my home for FOUR hours, while the thieves were in here for maybe 10 minutes.
Anyway, I suppose it's my way of feeling some sort of control within my life....but then again, Lord, I wonder, if I'm not beating myself up, am I being prideful? Or if I am beating myself up, am I also being prideful? How can one escape the snare of pride? I mean, I long to be free of this confusion, and I know You're not a God of confusion, but of peace and order. I welcome Your function Lord, in my life....with Church, with surrender, with family, with strangers, with friends.
On to my fabulous Facebook friends.......Father, I just want to lift up "Trainwreck," we both know that is not her name, but it is the one she uses on facebook, and I want to honor the name she chooses to use. The coolest way to connect is not only facebook, but that special touch of Yours Lord, and the gift of dogs. Thank you for connecting us through our French bulldogs who were sisters. You always amaze me Lord with the subtle ways You show Yourself even in the midst of people I've never met in person. Church isn't our connection, but Lord YOU always find the perfect people to connect in the most perfect ways. I thank You for that, and for Trainwreck, who appears to have it altogether, but I know we all need a relationship with You. As she begins this new business she is venturing into, I pray Your blessing will be upon it and that maybe through this business, she will see Your amazing grace and miracles and be inspired and encouraged to know You more. That her life can be an instrument in Your kingdom Lord, and how cool would that be to one share with her, "Hey, I prayed for You once upon a time ago?" You're cool like that, Lord, and I pray the floodgates will open for others to see that about You as well.
Oh Lord, how blessed I have been to be connected with Nancy on Facebook? Every day she sends me beautiful, inspiring quotes, and messages of encouragement. She makes the most beautiful comments about my mother.....it's almost as if I can feel my moms presence when Nancy shares of her love for my mom, and my moms love for me. She has truly TRULY touched my heart and my life. Pour out Your blessing onto her, Lord. Fill her full of Your Holy Spirit that she may feel the fullness of Your love. I pray for her marriage, and ask blessing upon it. That Nancy's tender spirit would be that which would win others over for You. Thank you sooooo much for Nancy, and for her loving messages. Thank You Lord for maybe impressing upon her heart to include me in those inspiring messages each day. How we can take the smallest things for granted, and I am truly grateful for her. May she richly feel Your love today, as she goes about her day.
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Michelle and the time we spent working together at Lulu salon. What a tender hearted woman she is and a beautiful woman at that. Lord, You are so amazing and what a beautiful gift You've given her when You blessed her with her daughter. As Mya grows into the young woman there is not doubt in my mind that You have amazing plans for both of these ladies. I lift Michelle up in that she will find comfort in knowing You and that she has done a great job raising Mya and will be confident in her hard work. Heal her health, that she may work hard and stay healthy as she grows and see's the woman she was created to be in Your purpose and Your plan.
Father, I also want to lift up Audrey to you. She has been my dear friend for so many amazing years. She has seen me through the worst times in my life, and the best, and I am SOOO grateful for our friendship. I truly love this woman Lord, and I know You have worked wonders in her life. I'm in awe of Your transformation in her life, in my life. Lord, YOU are amazing!!! No doubt, Audrey and I could both stand together and make a confident proclamation of just how real You are, and how blessed we are to have witnessed, first hand, Your hand upon our lives. Thank-you Father for blessing her with beautiful grand children, wonderful daughter and s-i-l, and a great husband. I pray love and safety in her life as she continues seeking You for her life.
Lord, how amazing is my friend Debbie? I love Love this woman and her ability to love from the depths of her heart. She is a beautiful soul, and I am so blessed to call her my friend. I just lift her up to You Lord, that she will feel Your presence and Your hand in her life. As she prepares to witness her first born graduate next month, I don't doubt she will breath a sigh of relief, and in ways, it's just beginning. Lord, I pray Debbie will find humor in those things we can't control, and see Your amazing grace that takes us through those most difficult times of raising teen daughter's. Fill her heart full of confidence that she has done a great job raising her daughter, and that she will know, "there MUST be a God, because You O Lord have kept Debbie strong through raising a girl. " We know You have a sense of humor, You created us.
I love You Lord, my Lord, my God, my Creator, my Deliverer.
Be ever present in my girls lives, and may they sense Your Holy Spirit stirring their hearts. Keep my heart focused on You, and YOU alone...to not look to the left or the right, but strait towards You.
Blessings for my amazing husband, and even when I feel flustered, I know I'm just dealing with me...not him. You deal with him when he needs delt with. Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment